[Intel-gfx] gen6 (SNB) GPU still stalling besides latest patches

Andrew Lutomirski luto at mit.edu
Tue Jun 21 20:24:21 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 19:41:52 +0200 (CEST), "Nicolas Kalkhof" <nkalkhof at web.de> wrote:
>> However now it seems I'm unable to get my framebuffer console back after I bailed out of X. The screen stays black but my system is still responsive via ssh. This happens without your patch. I'll do some more investigation to make sure I didnt introduce this issue.
>
> No, that's another bug with /dev/dri/card0 not honouring O_NONBLOCK. Give
> X a swift kick and it'll wake up again.
> -Chris

Any plans on fixing this (and related bugs)?  The SNA driver makes X
freeze sometimes for me, and it's hard to recover on a laptop when
ctrl-alt-backspace and even alt-sysrq-v don't seem to give me control
of my system back.

ssh-ing in and killall -9 Xorg works, but it's not so easy on a laptop.

--Andy