[Intel-gfx] gen6 (SNB) GPU still stalling besides latest patches

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 21:11:38 CEST 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 20:38:51 +0200 (CEST), "Nicolas Kalkhof" <nkalkhof at web.de> wrote:
> Thanks for bringing that up. Is there a bug report for this issue? I was just about to file a report myself but I don't want to create any duplicates.
>
> @Chris: What do you mean with giving X a kick? Neither mouse nor keyboard are responding anymore. Killing X from a remote ssh is the only option. :(

ssh from-other-machine killall -INT X; is the only way to do it because X
is blocked waiting for an event /dev/dri/card0.

> Btw. This only happens with SNA enabled. When using the classic (UXA?), dropping back to framebuffer console works fine.
It's a consequence of handling zaphod and trying to drain all in-fligh DRI2
events to paper-over a crash should one arrive after the Xserver has freed
all Resources without calling the destroy handlers...

> I too have a laptop (T420). Is this issues restricted to mobile systems only?
Any non-blocking read on /dev/dri/card0 will block without patches...