[Intel-gfx] Sandy Bridge (i7/H67) and connected screens

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 22:34:33 CET 2011

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 22:09:42 +0100, Robert Kaiser <kairo at kairo.at> wrote:
> Chris Wilson schrieb:
> > Let's start by looking at the dmesg and Xorg.log and then determine what's
> > wrong. If you add drm.debug=0xe to your grub kernel parameters, so much
> > the better.
>
> OK, I launched with that parameter and found by logging in from my N900
> a way to drop dmesg into a file and take a copy of Xorg.0.log, so here
> they are in an attachment.
> Just if you might need it, when this ran, the newer 1920x1080 monitor
> was plugged in on the DVI port and I think I had the HDMI one not
> plugged in at all.

This is the cause of the trouble:

[    3.042320] i915 GPIOB: SDA stuck high!
[    3.045553] i915 GPIOA: SDA stuck low!
[    3.045625] i915 GPIOC: SDA stuck high!
[    3.049540] i915 GPIOD: SDA stuck low!
[    3.049612] i915 GPIOE: SDA stuck high!
[    3.049694] i915 GPIOF: SDA stuck high!

First time I've ever seen that, though that is maybe because it is in a
non-default debugging path.

However, failing the i2c bitbanging adapter being created, we would be
using the GMBUS interface. That appears to be failing as well. (Not too
surprising since it uses the same ports internally.)

Not sure how to proceed, maybe someone else has a better idea?