[Intel-gfx] slow graphics after Suspend to RAM

Tino Keitel tino.keitel+xorg at tikei.de
Fri Mar 18 19:44:21 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 17:59:20 -0600, John Harrigan wrote:
> I have a Lenovo X201 laptop with an i7-620M processor.  After I resume
> from a Suspend to RAM the graphics are very slow.  Suspend to Disk does
> not cause the same problem and doing a Suspend to Disk after a Suspend
> to RAM fixes the problem.

I also get this on my ThinkPad X61s using i965 graphics, xorg-intel
2.14 and kernel 2.6.38. Compositing is disabled.

When it happens, drawing of the window title is very slow when changing
window focus, scrolling in gtk windows lags etc.

I also get this after suspend to disk. I can fix it by running
powertop.

Regards,
Tino