[Intel-gfx] Pineview + libva

Steven Newbury steve at snewbury.org.uk
Tue Mar 22 18:29:37 CET 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 14:52 +0000, Steven Newbury wrote:
> I'm building a HD network media player device and thought VAAPI was supposed to be
> supported on Pineview, am I wrong?

To answer my own question somewhat, from the list here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA

It's clear the Pineview doesn't support hw VC-1 or AVC, but does support full MPEG2,
but I guess, given the utility of MPEG2 hw accel vs h.264 there isn't too much interest
in getting that working.

I'll just have to hope there's enough performance from the CPU to cope with 720p material...