[Intel-gfx] No backlight on pinetrail machine

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Sat May 7 18:01:39 CEST 2011

Hello,

Using kernels 2.6.37.2 and 2.6.38.2 I have a pinetrail/N450
board where I can not control the backlight.  (Nothing
appears in /sys/class/backlight, no /proc/acpi/video).  Any
idea what's going wrong here?  Buggy BIOS?

The same kernels will work on other pinetrail's (like the
Lenovo S10-3t and a couple CULV machines).

This machine is an ii-view m1touch.  dmidecode id's the
board vendor as "THD(Thread technology)"  BIOS is AMI v2.67.

For grins I booted Ubuntu 10.04.  Still no
/sys/class/backlight.  However /proc/acpi/video/GFX0 showed
some stuff, but all the `backlight` interfaces said "<not
supported>"

Thanks,
Gabriel