[Intel-gfx] LVDS Undetected

Travis Allen tallen at avi-electronics.com
Wed May 11 17:00:28 CEST 2011

I am using a D945GSEJT motherboard which has onboard LVDS.  Unfortunately whatever I do the LVDS output is not listed in xrandr nor Xorg.  It will only list the VGA, DVI, and TV outputs.  I have tried using the "nomodeset" option, however that removes *all* outputs from xrandr and only lists a "default" output.

Kernel version: 2.6.38
Intel driver version: 2.14.0

I attached a dmesg output with drm.debug=0x04.  The line which strikes me is:

	[drm:intel_lvds_init], LVDS is not present in VBT

I have two questions:
	1) Why doesn't it still list the output so it can be manually configured?
	2) If there is a valid reason for 1, how can I force the output to be listed.  Maybe by kernel parameters, for example.  I have full specs for the panel so if required I can manually specify them all.

-Travis