[Intel-gfx] LVDS Undetected

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed May 11 20:57:15 CEST 2011

On Wed, 11 May 2011, Oliver Seitz wrote:

> > > video=LVDS-1:e
> >
> > Unfortunately this didn't enable the LVDS output (at least xrandr doesn't
> > show it as an available output with a default boot - ie no xorg
> > customization).  Does this require an xorg.conf for the output to show up?
>
> Some months ago I've tried that, I also had no success, with or without
> xorg.conf.

Really?  This is interesting.  I'm relying on this behavior because the
display here is otherwise not detected.  However in my case I'm also
specifying timing info.  Oh wait, that could be it.  I think the logic
disables the head if it can't determine a usable mode.  So you need a
patch AND you need the video=LVDS-1 option setting to turn it on.

  -Mike

--

Mike Isely
isely @ isely (dot) net