[Intel-gfx] error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Mon May 30 20:28:30 CEST 2011

On 05/30/2011 02:16 AM, sudhanshu gupta wrote:
> Hi guyz
>
> I an new to OpenGL-ES 2.0 I am trying to run it in ubuntu 10.10 with
> emulator but whenever I try to run it gives me an error message.
>
> ./cube: error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so: cannot open
>
> I dont know why its happening.

You need to install the libgles2-mesa package to get libGLESv2.
Presumably the application also uses EGL, in which case you'll also need
libegl1-mesa and libegl1-mesa-drivers.

If you're going to compile ES2/EGL apps, you'll also need
libgles2-mesa-dev and libegl1-mesa-dev.  If you want to be able to debug
inside Mesa or the drivers, you'll need libgles2-mesa-dbg,
libegl1-mesa-dbg, and libegl-mesa-drivers-dbg.