[Intel-gfx] Failed to get i915 symbols, graphics turbo disabled error on boot

CD cdysthe at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 23:36:06 CET 2011

Hi,

I was gettng a "Failed to get i915 symbols, graphics turbo disabled" error
message regardless of kernel I ran. I have a laptop with Intel i5
processor and Intel GMA HD graphics. I'm now running a
3.1.0-2.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64 kernel on Linux Mint Debian Edition. I have
gotten rid of the error message by following advice I found on a forum. I
issued the following command:

sudo su -c 'echo "softdep intel_ips pre: i915" >>
/etc/modprobe.d/intel-ips-dep-i915.conf'

Can someone here tell me whether this solution simply got rid of the error
message, or if it may have fixed the problem causing the error message in
the first place. I am a Linux user without and coding experience, so
please excuse me if the question asked has an obvious answer.

--
//CD