[Intel-gfx] Memory corruption on hibernate/thaw with KMS

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Fri Oct 14 03:02:48 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 16:12 +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea what's causing this? Or better, how to fix
> it? I can confirm that as of kernel 3.1.0-rc7 this is still a problem.

Just one more note here. I tested hibernation/thaw cycles on one of my
old machines, an HP Pavilion ZE4201 notebook, which has integrated
Radeon graphics (IGP 340M, which is RS200 chip). This box is a 32-bit
machine, as opposed to my ThinkPad T510, which is running 64-bit stuff.

Similar behaviour on hibernate/thaw - with nomodeset, no trouble. With
KMS, trouble after a few hibernate/thaw cycles (NULL pointers and other
kernel dumps onto the console). Interesting. Maybe the problem is not
Intel specific after all.

--
Bojan