[Intel-gfx] GM45 TV & DVI output

Ouellet, Sylvain Sylvain.Ouellet at verint.com
Thu Oct 20 17:25:40 CEST 2011

Hello,
I'm trying to get the TV output working on my platform. So far, I have been unable to obtain a signal. The TV is detected and reported in xrandr.

intel_stepping reports:
Vendor: 0x8086, Device: 0x2a42, Revision: 0x07 (>B3)
core clock: 533 Mhz

Also, the VGA output works fine, but the DVI output blinks sometimes.
echo N > /sys/modules/drm_kms_helper/parameters/poll

Improved the behaviour, but I still get some blinking that seem to correlate to the screen content.

I tried several versions of Linux/X with no luck. Right now, I was testing with Fedeora 16 beta to be sure I have all the latest drivers.
The output of intel_reg_dumper is attached.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.  If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.