[Intel-gfx] Tearing video with Sandy Bridge

tino.keitel+xorg at tikei.de tino.keitel+xorg at tikei.de
Fri Sep 2 20:19:14 CEST 2011

Hi,

I upgraded from a computer with i945 to a Sandy Bridge box with a
i5-2400 CPU. Whereas the video tearing issue with XV output seemed to
be solved with the i945 graphics, I now have heavy tearing again. I
tried both mplayer -vo xv and mplayer -vo vaapi.

I also upgraded to Mesa 7.11, Xserver 1.11 and intel-xorg 2.16, I don't
know if any of these is connected to the tearing issue.

I use kernel 3.0.4, and gnome-shell 3.0.2 for the desktop.

Regards,
Tino