[Intel-gfx] Screen corruption regression from 3.0 to 3.1rc4

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Sat Sep 3 12:43:35 CEST 2011

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 11:31, Philipp Klaus Krause <pkk at spth.de> wrote:
> Am 31.08.2011 08:43, schrieb Philipp Klaus Krause:
>> In the free game simutrans, in fullscreen mode I see the following problem:
>> The lower about 2 cm of the screen don't update. They are black or carry
>> the image from the game startup screen. They flicker once in a while,
>> but otherwise the image stays the same.
>>
>> lspci output:
>> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
>> Integrated Graphics Controller (primary) (rev 0c)
>> 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
>> Integrated Graphics Controller (secondary) (rev 0c)
>>
>> glxinfo:
>> OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
>> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 965GM
>> OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.11
>>
>> Any ideas what I can do about this problem? Is it a known issue?

Lately there seem to be a few reports of "my screen doesn't update
anymore". One thing that seems to (temporary) fix the problem is to
switch to the kernel console and back to X. Does that help in your
case?

> This regression was introduced between 3.0 and 3.1rc1.

If it's a kernel regression, can you please try to bisect it?

Thanks a lot,

Daniel
daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch - +41 (0) 79 364 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch