[Intel-gfx] CRT not detected via hotplug on resume

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Sep 21 17:31:04 CEST 2011

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:23:01 +0200, Rainer Dorsch <ml at bokomoko.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after resuming my graphics card sometimes does not come up (see my post
> yesterday).
>
> Comparing drm outputs with drm.debug=6 in syslog reveals among others
>
> 	[drm:intel_crt_detect], CRT not detected via hotplug hotplug"
>
> Does that mean that the monitor (EIZO FlexScan L767) is not reliably
> detected?

No, your monitor is not connected on a VGA cable, but an HDMI (or DVI)
cable through an SDVO card.

I don't see any visible differences between the two resume sequences.

> Is that a know problem? Does it make sense to open a bug report?

I haven't heard of any trouble with resume on SVDO cards, but I also
don't know many machines using this.

Note that there's some review going on that supports hot-plug on SDVO
connected HDMI displays; it's possible that might help in your case, so
you might want to try that patch.

keith.packard at intel.com