[Intel-gfx] CRT not detected via hotplug on resume

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Sep 21 19:09:17 CEST 2011

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 18:15:27 +0200, Rainer Dorsch <ml at bokomoko.de> wrote:

> Since I can ssh into the machine, when the problem occurs, are there some
> diagnosis scripts/tools I could run?

Hrm. As far as I can tell, we're turning on the monitor successfully.

You might try playing with xrandr over ssh to make sure the system
thinks the monitor is running, then try turning it off and back on to
see if it lights up.

> Do you expect that it can be applied to a Linux 3.0 kernel?

yes, give v6 of the patch a try if you like; it will at least eliminate
the 10-second polling of your device, which won't suck.

Let me know if it actually helps your suspend/resume issues.

keith.packard at intel.com