[Intel-gfx] Need help to root cause IGD driver issue on xen.

G.R. firemeteor at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 7 19:01:04 CET 2012

Hi all,
I'm running IGD pass through on xen and only get partial success.
Basically PVHVM guest works while HVM guest (windows, linux without pvops
compiled in) does not.
I'm trying to figure out what's the missing piece in xen and need help from
you experts.
I managed to capture some logs for both passing && failing system.

not working
reg dump: http://pastebin.com/7vyG0biu
dmsg: http://pastebin.com/svWG0LdY
working
reg dump: http://pastebin.com/ELsabQEp
dmsg: http://pastebin.com/CVrkh8S0

Both are linux 3.2.31 kernel with 2.20.14 display driver, running on i7
3770. drm.debug=0x6.
I noticed some difference on register values and some failure on dmsg logs.
Could you help to identify the fatal ones so that I can dig into xen source?

Thanks,
Timothy