[Intel-gfx] Need help to root cause IGD driver issue on xen.

G.R. firemeteor at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 11 04:38:52 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org>wrote:

> Hm, yeah in the full HVM case we don't bring up the panel fitter and
> the transcoder fails to come up, which would definitely cause trouble.
>
> 3.2.31 is pretty old though, can you reproduce this with a newer
> kernel?  Tons of fixes have landed since then, and many of them aren't
> suitable for 3.2.x due to their invasiveness.
>
> And can I ask you to file a bug for this issue so it doesn't get lost?
> bugs.freedesktop.org (see intellinuxgraphics.org for bug filing
> instructions).
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Jesse Barnes, Intel Open Source Technology Center

Thanks for your suggestion, Jesse.
But I'm not yet convinced that it's a intel driver issue.
See my analysis in the xen-dev list.
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-12/msg00855.html

It seems that the PCI hierarchy presented in the HVM does not match the
expectation of intel_detect_pch() function.
The problem is that the PVHVM version also shares the same layout, but the
driver actually works.
That's what confuses me most. So far have no idea how to explain such
difference in behavior.

Thanks,
Timothy