[Intel-gfx] For the ones affected by RC6 issues..

Kai Krakow hurikhan77 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 19:35:46 CET 2012

Eugeni Dodonov <eugeni.dodonov at intel.com> schrieb:

> if you are among the ones affected by any kind of RC6 issues on Sandy
> Bridge platform, please, try the following patch and report if it changes
> the behavior somehow on your machine.

kakra at jupiter ~ $ dmesg|fgrep -i "rc6"
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: quiet real_root=/dev/sda3
real_rootflags=compress=lzo,subvol=root64 fastboot zcache
splash=silent,theme:default console=tty1 desktop nmi_watchdog=0
libata.ignore_hpa=1 acpi_enforce_resources=lax usbcore.autosuspend=1
i915.i915_enable_rc6=1
[    1.000514] [drm] i915: Enabling RC6

This seems to work...

Did not try the others but I suppose my system hangs with deep rc6. I will
test this a few days.

HTH
Kai