[Intel-gfx] Problem Intel i915 driver, i3 2010T, HDMI output modes problems

Rodrigo Vivi rodrigo.vivi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:41:42 CET 2012

Hi Paulo,

sorry for not getting back you sooner... your email was here on my "to do list"

Could you please report this issue on bugs.freedesktop.org attaching
this xrandr verbose info and also dmesg xorg log and confs?
Also, Is it possible to test it without the AV receiver? I think you
wont see a similar behaviour?

Maybe AV receiver is meessing up EDID info when booting, but it would
be strange to see x reporting a freq and receiver another one anyway.
The interlacing issue is also possible, so as much info you can
provide us the best!

I also think that the workaround Andy suggested will work in your
case, but I would like to get it really fixed.

Rodrigo.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Andy Burns <xorg.lists at burns.me.uk> wrote:
> [apologies for munged threading, I subscribed after the original
> message was sent]
>
> paulo louro wrote:
>
>> When starting ubuntu without the AV receiver or the TV being on, the xorg start with a resolution of 720x576.
>
> Have you tried forcing an initial mode in the Monitor section of your xorg.conf?
>
> Option "PreferredMode" "whatever"
>
> presumably "whatever" is something like "1920x1080x60.0" in your case ...

Rodrigo Vivi
Blog: http://blog.vivi.eng.br
GPG: 0x905BE242 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net