[Intel-gfx] Sandy Bridge Desktop - 1920x1080i interlace not working

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Tue Jan 17 22:34:07 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 09:59:18PM +0100, Alfonso Fiore wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here is mine. Let me know if you need any other log.

Ok, your TV only reports 1080i as a mode (at least that's the only thing
your kernel can decode). The i915 driver then rejects it because it's
interlaced (we unfortunately do not yet support interlaced everywhere we
could). Which leaves you with no modes, so as a fallback the kernel just
adds a bunch of default VGA modes which your TV can't cope with properly.

Your TV likely sends a CEA block with some HDMI default modes set. Since
linux-3.3-rc1 (to be released in a few days) we should be able to decode
that. Can you grab the latest -linus kernel git and try that?

Also, can you add a short list of the modelines you've manually added that
work with your TV?

Yours, Daniel
Mail: daniel at ffwll.ch
Mobile: +41 (0)79 365 57 48