[Intel-gfx] Sandy Bridge Desktop - 1920x1080i interlace not working

Alfonso Fiore alfonso.fiore at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 22:44:37 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:

> Grab intel-gpu-tools v1.1 (hopefully your distro ships it) and run the
> intel_reg_dumper tool for both configurations (again, please ensure you
> use the same mode for HDMI and that you don't change anything between
> grabbing the xrandr output and the intel_reg_dumper output).

Quickly before I start running all the tests:

can you share how to compile intel-gpu-tools v1.1?
Is source better
wget http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/intel-gpu-tools/snapshot/intel-gpu-tools-1.1.tar.gz
or
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/intel-gpu-tools

how to compile from either one?

I have intel_reg_dumper but since intel-gpu-tools v1.1 were released 4
weeks ago I'm sure they are not in my ubuntu.
Plus man intel_reg_dumper says in the bottom intel_reg_dumper 1.0.
Should I remove the previous version before compiling the new one? how?

or can I simply use 1.0?

thanks,
alfonso