[Intel-gfx] HD {, 2000, 3000}: Screen goes blank @30 seconds into boot

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Thu Jan 26 15:56:07 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 02:19:47PM +0100, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 26.01.2012, 06:54 -0500 schrieb Joel Heaton:
> > System: Dell Inspiron One
> > Chipset: intel H61 Express
> > CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core Intel Core i3/i5i7 (this machine is
> > probably an i3
> > Video: Intel HD/HD 2000/HD 3000
> > Max Resolution: 1920x1080
> > OS-1 Windows 7 (shipped with this OS)
> > OS-2 Debian Sid liquorix kernel 3.2
> > 	DE: lxde no DM  I start x manually
> > When booting the screen goes blank about 80% through the boot cycle.
>
> I guess Windows 7 works? Please also submit a bug report to the Debian
> BTS for example using `reportbug` against the Linux kernel package.
>
> > The system is still running, I can log in blind and execute reboot
> > command.
> > I ssh into the system from another computer.
> > kern.log reports "Firmware Bug: ACPI: No _BQC method, cannot determine initial brightness"
> > inxi -Fxx reports Drivers: (vesa, intel (unloaded: fbdev) Resolution 1280x1024 at 76.0hz
> > sporadically, I get a good boot, maybe once in 20 tries.
> > I have no xorg.conf
>
> I think the developers need the information listed at [1]. Being able to
> log in using SSH it should not be a problem for you to get the
> information.

Yeah, this doesn't sound good. Please file a but as detailed in the link
posted by Paul. Or ask us on irc, #intel-gfx on the Freenode network. We
could then guide you how to dig up the required information and check
whether your issue is already tracked (and maybe there's even a patch for
it).

> [1] http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html

Yours, Daniel
Mail: daniel at ffwll.ch