[Intel-gfx] Some questions.

Артём Алексюк artyom.h31 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:12:05 CET 2012

Hello.
Sorry if I'm interrupting you with stupid questions :) I have a netbook with
Atom N570 and GMA 3150.
1) I disabled KWin desktop effects for reducing power consumption. Is it a good
solution or there is no difference if desktop effects are being switched on or
switched off? How many extra watts (average, of course) will be used if I'll
enable desktop effects (with no other 3D apps currently running)? Which KWin
mode is better - XRender or OpenGL?
2) Which output is better for MPlayer - xv or something else?