[Intel-gfx] HD 4000: Passthrough for HD audio formats

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 22 18:10:44 CEST 2012

Dear Frederik,

Am Freitag, den 20.07.2012, 21:03 +0200 schrieb Frederik Vogelsang:

> I am using a Core i5-3475S on a ASUS P8H77-I. The system is connected
> to my amp through HDMI. For some reason I cannot get passthrough of
> DTS-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD to work properly. On my HTPC with an ION2
> chipset I can use
>
> aplay -D hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=2,AES0=6 -c8 -fs16_le -r192000 dtshd_test.spdif
>
> and the receiver recognizes and plays the DTS-HD MA stream. On my
> Intel system I am trying the exact same thing (different card name,
> obviously) and the receiver only plays noise (shows 7.1 PCM instead of
> DTS-HD).
>
> Am I doing anything wrong? Are there any configuration options I am
> missing or kernel module parameters? I am using the latest stable
> xf86-video-intel driver and Linux kernel.

I guess the developers might look at your problem on Monday, but please
note the specific versions. ALSA version might also be interesting. Do
you use PulseAudio? Have you tried some live systems? And lastly is this
a regression?

Anyway, please also provide some log files as documented in [1].

Thanks and good luck,

Paul

[1] http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html