[Intel-gfx] REg: Doubt in drm kernel driver

Duraisamy, Srinath srinath.duraisamy at intel.com
Wed Nov 7 16:10:41 CET 2012

Hi all,

I am working on a project related to MFX part of Gen7 GPU. I am working on dumping the input commands and data being passed to MFX pipeline while decoding.
And to dump the decoded output data from the MFX pipeline.  I am using mplayer to decode the h264 file with vaapi support to use the MFX pipeline.

I have modified the intel_driver code - gen7_mfd.c file, and I am able to dump the input commands and data being sent to the MFX into a file.
Now I  need to dump the decoded output of the MFX pipeline. I am not able to find it in user space intel-driver and drm driver code.
I believe we need to modify the drm kernel driver code for dumping the decoded output data.

It will be really helpful if anyone can provide me information on where to modify the drm kernel driver code to dump the following data

1.       The output of the current decoded frame.

2.       The output of the decoded motion vectors of the current frame. The decoded motion vector will be stored in address passed in "MFX_AVC_DIRECTMODE_STATE" command.

3.       The motion vector information for the reference frame needed for decoding the current frame. This information will be in the address passed in "MFX_AVC_REF_IDX_STATE" command.

4.       The decoder reference picture data used for motion compensation. These data can be read from the "MFX_PIPE_BUF_ADDR_STATE " command.

Thanks in advance.
Srinath