[Intel-gfx] bad panel power sequencing delays, disabling panel

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Tue Oct 16 16:43:08 CEST 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Daniel J Blueman <daniel at quora.org> wrote:
> On my Macbook Retina 2012, after a recent firmware update, i915 fails
> to use the eDP-1 panel [1], which goes blank when switched to. Nouveau
> works correctly though [2]. I see this behaviour on 3.6-rc to 3.7-rc1.

I'm working on this, since when I plug in a 2nd screen in my own edp
machine, the bios doesn't light up the internal panel and our code
can't light it up, too. Unfortunately progress is slow, but you can
try my current wip state at

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm/log/?h=for-pzanoni

Please attach dmesg with drm.debug=0xe if you try this kernel.
Backlight works now for me, but I still have issues with edp link
training here.

Cheers, Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch