[Intel-gfx] attempting to build with Ubuntu 8.04

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Mon Apr 15 15:42:37 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 02:58:44PM +0100, don munro wrote:
> Hi,
> For various reasons, I'm trying to build an Intel driver to run on a QM67
> system but with Ubuntu 8.04.4
>
> Kernel 2.6.24-32-generic
> Intel 2010Q4
>
> Basically, I've got other hardware depending on Ubuntu 8.04 as the manufacturer
> stopped supporting Linux at that point.
>
> The question is am I wasting my time even trying this?

A late response, but I would say that the task of getting a driver for
Sandybridge (kernel, DDX, mesa and libva) running on 2.6.24 is nigh on
impossible. For starters you would need to backport drm from 3.2 or later
which would be very intrusive and complicated for 2.6.24.

Realistically you are struck with VESA and no OpenGL acceleration.
Hope that helps,