[Intel-gfx] Celeron 827E va-api decode support ?

Glen Gray slaine at slaine.org
Tue Jan 8 19:59:29 CET 2013

As per IRC query earlier today. I've picked up a sample box with this CPU hoping to make a linux STB like product that'll support HD h.264 playback (dvb-s streamed over multicast).

I setup F17 and rpmfusion's version of vlc & intel libva driver. Software decode works reasonably well on the CPU. However enabling hardware decoding results in laggy decoding and late frames.

vainfo indicates that it has the various expected profiles. I'm just not sure if the "Intel HD Clear Video" or whatever it's termed, that's listed as missing on this CPU, is actually required by va-api for decoding. From what I can tell, the CPU/GPU should be capable for decoding just not encoding.

So, what's a good method for testing/verifying va-api playback, just to rule out vlc oddities.

thanks in advance,
--
Glen Gray