[Intel-gfx] Question about driver capatibilities - triple monitor?

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Wed Jan 23 13:02:05 CET 2013

tbh I have no idea whether you can actually by hw which supports 2x DP
out, it's certainly no common. The description was only from the hw
pov. It might be that the 2x thunderbolt works, otoh I've never tested
thunderbolt so I have no idea how well (or if at all) the pcie + dp
muxing works with our driver. Maybe the easiest way is to shoot for a
board with 2x HDMI or DP in total, since you can always use a passive
HDMI->DP dongle to drive the DP port in HDMI mode. But even just
finding boards with 3x digital output seems to be hard.
-Daniel

Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch