[Intel-gfx] Provide a simulation friendly test environment v4

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Thu Jul 18 17:50:55 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 04:19:05PM +0100, Damien Lespiau wrote:
> It was high time to follow up on:
>   http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2013-April/027361.html
>
> Changes from v2:
>   • Take into account Daniel's comments and add the tests he listed
>   • Actually runs on simulation now

lgtm overall, please push. One thing we might want to do is add a generic
drmtest_dummy_blt_load function which auto-tunes for simulation runs. Ever
time I need to reliably hit a seqno wait in a test somewhere I just
copy-paste that little bit of lore so we'll have a constant game of
whack-a-mole for those. With a helper it would Just Work.

Most other tests I've recently added are fairly small, so I guess we
should be fine by just adding them to the simulation enviroment test
cases.

Cheers, Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch