[Intel-gfx] i915 irq storm mitigation in 3.10

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon Jul 22 08:26:29 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Jan Niggemann <jn at hz6.de> wrote:
> Am 21.07.2013 22:43, schrieb Daniel Vetter:
>
>> Can you please boot with drm.debug=0xe added to your kernel cmdline,
>> do a cold boot (so that we get a storm) and then once everything is
>> quiet grab the full kernel log (you probably have to grab it from the
>> disk, dmesg has likely overflown) and upload it somewhere (since it's
>> probably too big for the mailing lists)? Please also enable printk
>> timestamps for your kernel so that we can create a timeline of
>> everything going on.
>
> I hope I did it correctly, apending both printk.time=1 and drm.debug=0xe to
> my kernel command line:
> http://files.hz6.de/kern_20130722.log
>

>> That log should give us a starting point, but I guess we need to run
>> some debug patches past you to figure out what's going on in your
>> system exactly.
>
> Did the drm.debug option work, it's not very chatty?

Nope, that didn't work out somehow, it should be _much_ more chatty,
even without a hpd irq storm. Usually the kernel prints the
commandline in the log, but I didn't see that here either ... Can you
please try to figure out what's going on here?
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch