[Intel-gfx] [GMA500/CDV] HDMI AVI infoframe code

Gohad, Tushar tushar.gohad at intel.com
Mon Nov 11 06:57:11 CET 2013

Folks,

When trying to get the GMA500 or the CDV DRM driver https://github.com/thomas001/cedarview-drm (w/ 3.8 Linux kernel) pass HDMI compliance, we are seeing failures of the nature:

 "Verify that an AVI InfoFrame is transmitted on every two video fields.
  Error : No Legal AVI InfoFrame exists on two video fields."

Apparently, "avi_*_info_t" structures are defined in https://github.com/thomas001/cedarview-drm/blob/master/staging/cdv/drv/psb_intel_hdmi.h the header but are never used.

In https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/gpu/drm/gma500/psb_intel_sdvo.c, I do see psb_intel_sdvo_set_avi_infoframe(), but appears to be really old based on the comment that says "HDMI is not supported yet".   Can any of the gma500/i915 code be reused for CDV infoframe code?  Has anyone already done this is what I am trying to find out.

Many thanks,
Tushar