[Intel-gfx] latest intel driver on debian wheezy

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Oct 23 11:56:45 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 06:02:57PM +0900, orang Aumori Jepun wrote:
> The driver was installed in  /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers .
> so i added to xorg.conf :
>       Section "Files"
>              ModulePath "/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers"
>       EndSection
>
>       Section "Device"
>            Identifier "Intel 830M"
>            Driver "intel"
>            VideoRam 47000
VideoRam is only used for i810.
>            BusID  "PCI:00:02.0"
Should be fine without an explicit BusID.
>       EndSection
In fact, it should work fine without this whole Section, but you would
still need the ModulePath if you do not override where the driver is
installed.

> But driver did not seem to work("i810", "intelfb" neither).
> (Now i noticed that i had to add default xorg driver path to "ModulePath")
>
> And , what am I missing to get latest intel driver to work?

Attaching the failing Xorg.0.log is always helpful for what clues it
contains.