[Intel-gfx] Regression in i915 driver in 3.16-rc2

Alan Stern stern at rowland.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 25 20:06:55 CEST 2014

Daniel:

I encountered a new problem in the i915 driver the first time I booted
a 3.16-rc kernel on this computer.  When it switched over to the frame
buffer driver, the screen went blank and stayed that way.

3.15 works okay.

Attached are log extracts from 3.15 and 3.16 (both with drm.debug=0xe
in the boot command line).  The timestamps have been stripped out for
easy diff comparison.  These are the result of

	dmesg | egrep 'drm|i915|frame'

with a couple of irrelevant lines removed.  I can send the complete
logs if you need them.

Alan Stern