[Intel-gfx] intel gm45 chipset problem

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at linux.intel.com
Tue Apr 7 07:28:16 PDT 2015

On Tue, 31 Mar 2015, jinwb <jinwb at sonoscape.net> wrote:
>     My machine is intel gm45 chipset,i found a problem in ubuntu 10.04.
> When i use xrandr to change output on VGA and TV, sometime is not
> successd.I update ubuntu 10.04 to ubuntu 13.04,founding the bug has
> solved, but my compony need the machine use ubuntu10.04.
> So i need someone help, how can i do to solve the problem in ubuntu
> 10.04, thanks.

All those Ubuntu versions are practically at end of life (10.04 server
version has support until end of this month). The kernel on 10.04 is
ancient. If it works on a later kernel, I don't think anyone's
interested in figuring this out. You should try to convince your company
to upgrade no matter what.

That said, maybe you can try installing a later kernel on your old
Ubuntu. Maybe reverse bisect to figure out when the issue was fixed. But
basically you're on your own with this.

BR,
Jani.