[Intel-gfx] [Contact] Ubuntu 14.04 no longer supported?

Rodrigo Vivi rodrigo.vivi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 13:34:37 PDT 2015

Hi Michael,

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 2:28 AM, Michael Burke <michael at gravex.ws> wrote:
> Hi Rodrigo,
>
> Thank you for your email.
>
> The problem here is that myself and others will be stuck. Our only choices are to wait for Ubuntu 15.04 to come out and then install the new version of the Intel drivers, or update 14.04 to 14.10 - which is a complete disaster as I've already tried it before emailing you.
>
> I think what I'm asking for or requesting is at least the ability for users to download the version prior to the current release. So you would allow users, at their own risk as always, to download version 1.0.6 as well as 1.0.7. Then when 1.0.8 comes out, 1.0.6 would be removed and then 1.0.7 would take it's place.

The installer version itself doesn't matter much for what you want.
The installer code hasn't changed since 1.0.5 I believe. The think you
want to hack by your own risk is ilg-config.cfg
(https://download.01.org/gfx/ilg-config.cfg) just removing comment
marks (#) from the distro you want and pointing your installer to use
your modified one instead the official one on 01.org.

I believe you can do that by putting it on ~/.ilg-config and editing
it locally without need to change installer code (src/configuration.c)
or changing the CONFIG_URI path.

> At the moment I am stuck with an OS existing on two machines that I can't really use. This isn't Intel's fault, but it'd make such a difference to at least make the previous version of the driver available to users such as myself.

Why can't you use? I believe you should report bugs to the distro so
they might provide a fix on their official packages.

> Many thanks,
> Michael

Thank you
Rodrigo.