[Intel-gfx] New driver causes enlightenment to resize display to 8x8?

Marc MERLIN marc_xorg at merlins.org
Mon Apr 27 07:27:20 PDT 2015

After upgrading to xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.99.917-1~exp1 , the
performance did improve, but twice, I had e18 crash (its fault, not X's
fault), give me a window that it was going to restart, and when it restarted
the screen went dark.

I went to a text console, and xrandr said this:
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 8 x 8, maximum 32767 x 32767

xrandr -s anything, including 800x600 said:
xrandr: Configure crtc 0 failed

Restarting X reset things, and I had to delete my enlightenment profile
for it to stop trying to resize to 8x8 on start.

I've used e18 for over a year and I never had this problem until the exact
moment I upgraded the intel driver.
Out of curiosity, even if the bug was with enlightenment, how do I resize
my screen once it's been mistakenly resized to 8x8. Is it a bug that xrandr
was unable to resize it for me?

Thanks,
Marc

xrandr output when I was in broken state:
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 8 x 8, maximum 32767 x 32767
eDP1 connected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
   2880x1620      60.0 +   50.0
   2048x1536      60.0
   1920x1440      60.0
   1856x1392      60.0
   1792x1344      60.0
   1920x1200      60.0
   1920x1080      59.9
   1600x1200      60.0
   1680x1050      60.0     59.9
   1600x1024      60.2
   1400x1050      60.0
   1280x1024      60.0
   1440x900       59.9
   1280x960       60.0
   1360x768       59.8     60.0
   1152x864       60.0
   1024x768       60.0
   800x600        60.3     56.2
   640x480        59.9
DP1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
VGA1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
VIRTUAL1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/