[Intel-gfx] [SKL-DMC-BUGFIX 0/5] SKL PC10 entry fixes.

Zanoni, Paulo R paulo.r.zanoni at intel.com
Mon Aug 3 11:47:31 PDT 2015

Em Seg, 2015-08-03 às 21:55 +0530, Animesh Manna escreveu:
> The following patches helps to solve PC10 entry issue for SKL.
> Detailed description about the changes done to solve the issue
> is mentioned in commit message of each patch.
>
> All these patches are send earlier for review as part of "Redesign of
> dmc firmware loading" patch series. Now skl specific bug-fixes are
> seperated out and sending as seperate patch series to make it simple.

Hello

I find interesting that even with this series, igt/pm_rpm/rte fails. We
don't seem to be doing runtime PM, yet we allow PC10 somehow. Maybe it
would be nice to have some kind of documentation explaining what's
different on SKL and how things are supposed to work.

Also, since this feature is not relying on runtime PM, it would be
really nice to elaborate some IGT tests for it. You could even try to
automate PC10 entry checks by reading the appropriate MSR regsiters -
just like we do with PC8 on HSW.

Thanks,
Paulo