[Intel-gfx] Adding custom bugzilla fields

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at linux.intel.com
Thu Aug 27 23:50:22 PDT 2015

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 11:41:45AM +0300, Jani Nikula wrote:

>> > Thank you, everyone, for the input. The fields are now created.
>>
>> There are some additional feature fields that I've found might be
>> useful:

The discussion yesterday never materialized, so I'll reply here.

>> display/adapter (or display/dongle?)
> display/DP?

This does not answer the question "I want to see all our adapter bugs".

>> display/hotplug
> tag it with relevant output port?

This does not answer the question "I want to see all our hotplug bugs".

>> display/multi-gpu
>> GEM/prime (or GEM/dma-buf?)
>
> Yeah this might be useful, but not sure how much we care.

I might continue like above, because it's useful for finding dupes, but
also it's nice to flag bugs we're not sure how much we care. If they end
up being flagged, say, DP because gpu switching affects that, it's still
a useful distinction to know it's not your average DP bug.

>> other/IOMMU (or GEM/IOMMU?)
>> other/BIOS
>
> Imo better to label with relevant feature that gets broken.

This does not answer the question "I want to see all our bugs related to
VBT/BIOS screwups".

> And IOMMU should always have dwmw on cc so he can escalate.

That is totally irrelevant to the discussion about fields.

>> other/module-reload (?)
>
> This is BAT now and should never break ;-)

Fine.

>> performance?
>
> Yeah this would be good I guess.
>
> In general I'm vary of adding too many since it'll be hard to maintain.

Don't worry, we can remove them too.