[Intel-gfx] Information sought

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 04:54:56 PST 2015

Hi,

I've got a couple of third hand computers using Intel graphics (Dell
Optiplex GX50, HP Compaq dc 7600) with graphics problems - Dell becomes
unusable, screen is all white with black squiggles after running updates on
Ubuntu 14.04LTS- freedesktop bug 93173, dc 7600 screen works most of the
time but occasionally is corrupted with random horizontal lines of junk
pixels).

Whilst I have been a programmer in the past (80x86 assembler, Watcom C,
Borland C++ Builder), I'm still getting to grips with Linux.

So I was wondering what I should read to get up to speed with chasing down
bugs or knowing a bit more about Intel graphics. I've written a bash script
which automates some of it. Ideally I need to know which files to make a
note of so I can provide information about the Dell before the graphics
fail and after the graphics fail. Once I have some useful data I will
report a bug on freedesktop.org

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -