[Intel-gfx] Hibernation test

David Weinehall david.weinehall at intel.com
Wed Feb 11 06:46:02 PST 2015

intel-gpu-tools currently has a bunch of tests for suspend,
but currently none (that I could find) for hibernate.

Attached is a rudimentary patch to add said test.  It does so
by repurposing the drv_suspend driver to handle both suspend
and hibernate, since the difference is miniscule.

I decided to split the suspend/autoresume functions in
igt_aux.c though, to be able to leave the igt_system_uspend_autoresume()
function unchanged (the other option would be to
introduce a boolean function argument and have that
decide what parameters to pass to rtcwake).

The timeout passed to rtcwake probably needs tuning (it might
even need to be dynamically adjusted, since the time hibernation takes
varies wildly depending on the amount of non-cache memory in use).

Kind regards, David Weinehall

PS: Go easy on me, mkay -- first patch to intel-gfx :P (meh, who am I
kidding,
I should be flame tolerant enough, bring it on).
Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki