[Intel-gfx] [RFC 2/2] drm/i915: Clean-up PPGTT on context destruction

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 08:50:15 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 05:41:51PM +0100, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 10:34:51AM +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 10:55:46AM +0100, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> > > Well except that our unbind code is too dense to do that correctly for
> > > shared buffers, so we need to move obj->active to vma->active first.
> >
> > We unbind vma, so what do you mean?
>
> The unbind of the vma will block since we track active per-obj instead of
> per-vma. Which is kinda not that cool for a kref_put cleanup function.

As I have said and shown, that is very easy to rectify and has, for
example, nice side-effects of basically making operating on fences free
of blocking on the GPU if the object is busy only in the ppgtt. The
principle use is so that we are consistent in vma vs obj tracking and
make the code much cleaner imo.