[Intel-gfx] Lenovo X60 with i945: Setting resolution in GRUB to 1024×768

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 18 03:20:56 PST 2015

Dear Intel folks,

on the Lenovo X60 with i945 graphics (and vendor BIOS), for using
fastboot, that means to avoid a modeset, I want to set the desired
resolution in GRUB using the option `GRUB_GFXMODE=1024x768` in
`/etc/default/grub`. Unfortunately that does not have an effect and the
resolution is only 640×480.

The GRUB developer told me that this is likely a Video BIOS issue.

Am I out of luck or do you know of possible solutions or do you have
pointers how to debug this? GRUB’s `vbeinfo` lists the resolution of
1024×768.

Thanks,

Paul