[Intel-gfx] [RFC 0/8] Atomic watermark updates (v2)

Matt Roper matthew.d.roper at intel.com
Wed Jul 1 19:25:53 PDT 2015

Here's a second RFC for transitioning watermark updates to an atomic model.  As
in the first series, I'm only transitioning a single platform style to start
with (ilk-style watermarks).  For pre-gen9 platforms, two sets of watermarks
are pre-computed at atomic 'check' time --- one set that can be programmed
immediately without waiting for a vblank (these will satisfy both the new and
old hardware state) and a second set that should be programmed following the
vblank (optimal values that may not work until the hardware has actually
switched to the new state).

A lot of the differences between this series and the first one are just a
matter of rebasing on the latest code; there's been a lot of work by Maarten
and Ville that have significantly changed (for the better) the areas this code
touches.

I'm working on some updates for skl/bxt right now (which don't need the
two-step process used by pre-gen9, but do need some other rework); I'll post
those later once I finish them off and have a chance to test them on real BXT
hardware.

Matt Roper (7):
  drm/i915: Eliminate usage of plane_wm_parameters from ILK-style WM
    code
  drm/i915: Eliminate usage of pipe_wm_parameters from ILK-style WM
  drm/i915/ivb: Move WaCxSRDisabledForSpriteScaling w/a to atomic check
  drm/i915: Move active watermarks into CRTC state
  drm/i915: Calculate ILK-style watermarks during atomic check (v2)
  drm/i915: Allow final wm programming to be scheduled after next vblank
    (v2)
  drm/i915: Add two-stage ILK-style watermark programming (v2)

Ville Syrjälä (1):
  drm/i915: Refactor ilk_update_wm (v3)

 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.h      |  18 ++
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_irq.c      |  16 ++
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_atomic.c  |   1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c | 116 ++++++++++--
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_drv.h     |  73 +++++---
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_pm.c      | 330 +++++++++++++++++++----------------
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_sprite.c  |   8 -

2.1.4