[Intel-gfx] [RFC 0/7] Convert parts of intel_lrc.c to requests

Mika Kuoppala mika.kuoppala at linux.intel.com
Fri Jul 3 07:09:31 PDT 2015

Hi,

Reader might think that I did this for only mark few elsps
done deeper in callchain. But the reason is that I wanted
to test more uniqueness guarantees for generation of context ids
that is passed for hardware. And found out that the current
code structure strips out all the request/context very early on.

So here is my take to not lose the request that I have found
valuable in skl debugging.

-Mika

Mika Kuoppala (7):
  drm/i915: Convert execlist_submit_contexts() for requests
  drm/i915: Convert execlists_update_context() for requests
  drm/i915: Assign request ringbuf before pin
  drm/i915: Convert intel_lr_context_pin() for requests
  drm/i915: Convert execlists_elsp_writ() for requests
  drm/i915: Convert execlists_ctx_descriptor() for requests
  drm/i915: Mark elsps submitted when they are pushed to hw

 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem.c  |   8 +--
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_lrc.c | 117 +++++++++++++++++----------------------
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_lrc.h |   3 +-

2.1.4