[Intel-gfx] Preventing zero GPU virtual address allocation

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 13:07:02 PST 2015

On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 04:27:59PM +0100, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> I recommended exposing the PIN_BIAS since that will work without full
> ppgtt too. And yeah for full ppgtt we could just use svm where userspace
> controls the address, but since that's still a bit out we might need a
> quick interim solution?

Letting userspace control the address of bo used in a batch is about 2
patches each of ~100 lines. And it could be used will full-ppgtt before
svm if mesa wants to take complete control of its layout. I think it is
one of those useful tools that is likely to find uses far beyond the
initial justification.