[Intel-gfx] VBIOS doesn't recognize the eDP port on Baytrail-I

Ville Syrjälä ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com
Fri May 8 04:44:27 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 10:44:21PM +0000, Sanchez, AdolfoX wrote:
> Which VBIOS should be used with the Baytrail-I when trying to configure two local  flat panels as eDP
> The EMGD VBIOS creates a device_type 0x1004 and the i915 drivers looks for a device_type=0x1806 so it seems that the EMGD VBIOS should not be used with the Open Source Graphic drivers.
> The O.S. is Fedora 18.

I have no clue about EMGD VBIOS.

0x1004 does seem a bit bogus though. If I'm reading the spec correctly
that would be an internal DP+HDMI connector that is neither digital
or analog. OTOH we could potentially change the code to ignore
everything but the internal+DP bits in which case 0x1004 would
actually be detected as eDP.

--
Ville Syrjälä
Intel OTC