[Intel-gfx] DC6 already programmed to be disabled

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon May 18 01:38:03 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 11:22:27PM +0000, Konduru, Chandra wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been seeing below warning on skylake system on which dmc fw isn't placed.
> Is below warning expected? If so what is it conveying?

Seems to be another fallout from the current design of how we prevent
dc5/6 when the firmware is not (yet) loaded. I've detailed how this should
be fixed. We need to prevent the rpm code from ever trying to shut down
that specific power well instead of just not obeying the request. Not
obeying the request means the rpm code is out of sync with reality,
leading to WARN_ON fun like the one you've hit here.
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
http://blog.ffwll.ch