[Intel-gfx] skylake + drm-next - warn city

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Tue Nov 3 13:23:13 PST 2015

On 11/03/2015 12:07 PM, Dave Airlie wrote:
> We have a major process failure in place here, and shoving more code
> in the backend and hoping it somehow magically fixes itself between
> drm-intel-next and merging to Linus's tree is clearly not working for
> the past 6 months at least. I'm really unhappy about how shoddy 4.2
> is, and 4.3 is clearly not shaping up to have been a winner, 4.4 is
> looking even less fun.
>
> So maybe you guys can brainstrom a bit, also when Daniel gets back.
> But at the moment I think until QA is fully reestablished, I think not
> merging anything to drm-intel-next for a few weeks and taking a break
> on new features until some of the features that were merged broken
> actually get fixed.
>
> I'm also going to start looking at reverting skylake firmware loading,
> it's clearly never been tested with lockdep enabled by anyone who
> cared, which to my mind says it should never have been merged in the
> first place.

I think this is the right way to go.  We have several known failures in
even our basic tests, and when we created that list the intention was to
"drop everything" if one of them failed on any of the past few platforms
(BYT+ on Atom and HSW+ on Core).  So far we haven't done that but imo we
should.

Jesse